4 Port USB Cable Kit
Expand your Airconsole Standard, Pro or XL single serial port to 4 ports using this replacement USB-Serial cable kit
- Access 4 ports concurrently via WIFI or Wired Ethernet connection
- Use built in Airconsole web terminal to access to any port from within the browser - no Terminal app required
- Works with Mac, PC via direct attachment to USB port, or Wirelessly via any Airconsole.
- Expandable to 8 or 12 ports via additional 4 port kits - PLEASE SEE CAVEATS BELOW
- Bluetooth adaptor (not included) allows access to first port via Bluetooth as well as WIFI. Bluetooth supports BLE (BT4.0) on iOS/Mac and BT2.1 on Windows/Android.
The 4 port Cable Kit turns any Airconsole into a powerful 4 port terminal / device server. Using our latest firmware (download free) existing Airconsoles can be expanded to support a 4 port cable rather than the standard single port cable. Each cable operates independently and concurrently over WIFI or Wired connection to Airconsole, or - if connected directly to a PC or Mac without Airconsole will appear as 4 seperate independent COM ports.
- Uses GENUINE FTDI chipset and supports full (+/-5v) RS232 signal.
- 4 x Lightweight 1.8m RJ45 serial cables pinned out for direct connection to Cisco and other RJ45 serial ports
- Adapt RJ45 cables to DB9 or DB25 using adaptors also available in this webshop
- Contains spare USB female port for connecting up additional 4 port cable kits or Bluetooth radio (not included). PLEASE SEE CAVEATS BELOW
- Includes self adhesive industrial velcro (hook and loop) for attaching anywhere quickly
- Great for low cost terminal server, lab builds
- Small size - mountable enclosure just 63mm x 47mm x 11mm - the rest is just lightweight cable!
- Low power - uses just 150mA for 4 cables (typical)
- Integrated slide rail system for connecting multiple 4 port cables together to form single 8, 12 or 16 port cable kit. PLEASE SEE CAVEATS BELOW
Current Airconsole Standard/Pro/XL are designed for portable field engineer use primarily via its internal battery, rather than fixed installation permanently attached to external USB power. Running Airconsole Std/Pro/XL for a long time on external power will shorten the battery life when returning to operate it without external power again.
In relation to the 4 port cable kit existing Airconsoles (Std, Pro, XL) will support ONLY a single 4 port cable kit for extended / permanently powered use..
While 8 or 12 port combinations of multiple 4-port cable kits will work with existing Airconsole, the power drain of a 8 or 12 port combined cable exceeds the battery charging rate of Airconsole so can only be used for short work of upto 2 hours. We do not recommend using Airconsole Standard/Pro/XL for permanent installation use.
We will shortly offer a new externally powered Airconsole (Airconsole Mini, Airconsole TS) that can drive 8, 12 or 16 port cable kits from a single unit. These units are better designed for permanent installation inside racks.