AirConsoleOSX.app

Read the Updated Get Console FAQ Here, and post additional Questions that we should be answering

Moderator: sergey

rshilliam

AirConsoleOSX.app

Postby rshilliam » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:17 am

The link for the Mac OSX driver isn't functioning. How can I get the driver?
The link at "Get the Mac OSX Serial Port Driver" is http://www.get-console.com/airconsole/
Thanks.

simon
Site Admin

Re: AirConsoleOSX.app

Postby simon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:36 am

We have put up the fairly basic OSX driver today - sorry for the delay.

It allows proxying of data to/from the Airconsole unit via a pseudo-terminal (PTY), it also supports detection of Airconsole units via Bonjour / MDNS.

To use it, first make sure your Mac is connected to the Airconsole Wireless or Wired LAN. Then start up the AirConsoleOSX.app app and press connect – assuming everything is OK you can now get terminal access by opening up Terminal.app and typing “screen /dev/ttys003 (or whatever PTY was created). It will also work with Minicom, however apps that require a true Serial port (TTY) like Z-term and SecureCRT won't work.

Therefore this driver is a stop-gap measure until we can get a Kernel mode driver signed off by Apple - then all OSX apps that require a true TTY line will also work.

We hope to have the kernel mode OSX driver completed next week.

Thanks
Simon Hope

rshilliam

Postby rshilliam » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:01 am

works great! thanks!

rshilliam

Postby rshilliam » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:41 am

I spoke a little soon...realizing that it is a "stop-gap" beta driver, it does appear to require a re-boot between uses...meaning that it works well until dis-connected and a re-connect results in an error indicating that the driver is busy or the TTY can't be located. I appreciate that it works though; I'll look forward to the kernal version.
Thanks.

rshilliam

Postby rshilliam » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:19 am

any update on the "signed off" Kernel mode driver yet?
Thanks,

Return to “FAQ”