Characters Display for a Second Then Disappear

Post any bugs you have found in our App here, if we know of a workaround we'll post it also

Moderator: sergey

TechMan

Characters Display for a Second Then Disappear

Postby TechMan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:58 am

Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong section earlier!!!! Anyway,

I am using the new IPAD Mini with the lightning adapter with the Redpark adapter with an HP adapter to a HP 4104 switch.

When at the command prompt I type in "menu" it displays everything fine. But when I try to go to Port Settings on the HP switch to program the ethernet ports it will dispaly everything for a second and then go blank. The exact same thing happens when I try to telnet to the switch.

Also when I use the adapter to console into a Cisco 5505 the characters that I am typing do not display until enter is pressed. As you can imagine this is very frustrating because if you type in a long string and have one typo you can't verify what you are typing until you press enter. Not Good!!!

I thought that it might be an issue with my switch or firewall so I downloaded another third party telnet app and everything worked fine.

I really need the console part on this app to work!! It may just be that I don't have all the setting set correctly, but that wouldn't explain why the telnet session is doing the exact same thing.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!!

simon
Site Admin

Re: Characters Display for a Second Then Disappear

Postby simon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:52 pm

This bug was due to terminal not resizing correctly when changing from 1 mode to another mode. Terminal auto resize is now in v1.91, but if still having issues try to set the terminal size manually in Settings->Terminal section

Return to “Bug Reports”