Disable AP Broadcast in Client Mode

Post Requests for new features and product roadmap here

Moderator: sergey

kdavison007

Disable AP Broadcast in Client Mode

Postby kdavison007 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:35 am

When putting the Air Console in wireless client mode I would like to disable the Air Console from broadcasting out. This interferes with our current wireless as we just want the client only functionality. using the turn wireless off radio button disable the entire wireless, not just the broadcasting (AP mode) functionality.

daniel

Re: Disable AP Broadcast in Client Mode

Postby daniel » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:52 am

The Airconsole currently only operates in AP mode with an optional additional AP Client mode. You can stop SSID broadcast by selecting "Disable" under "Broadcast SSID", but the AP itself will still be active.

We have been trialling a new version of Airconsole firmware that will allow it to be switched to operate in Station mode which has several advantages
- there will be no AP for customer who don't need it or work in an environment where it isn't allowed
- the "client" portion will not be locked to the configured AP channel which allows it to dynamically channel hop

There are still a few bugs to iron out but we hope to be releasing the firmware in the new few weeks.

kdavison007

Re: Disable AP Broadcast in Client Mode

Postby kdavison007 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:42 am

This would be great. I'm the wireless admin for a university hospital and we could see gaining console access to our hundreds of edge closets with an Air Console in AP client mode only connected to our enterprise wireless. Right now I'm seeing very inconsistent results when trying to get this to work properly.

Return to “Feature Requests”