Instant Disconnect

Read the Updated Get Console FAQ Here, and post additional Questions that we should be answering

Moderator: sergey

mmoninski

Instant Disconnect

Postby mmoninski » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:07 am

I have recently had an issue with my air console.  Up until about a week ago everything was working great.  I was using WebSockets based on the SDK examples from my Windows 7 computer and the Android App to connect to my serial interface both using Wifi capabilities of the air console.

However, in the past week every time I try to connect to my air console to use the serial interface the websocket session is immediately closed/disconnected after opening.  I have reset my air console to factory defaults, and even upgrade to the latest firmware (V2.5) but the issue remains the same.   As near as I can tell I can tell through debugging the websocket sessions through a java console the connection successfully opens with a connection to port 8080, but then it appears the connection is immediately closed soon after, seeming by the air console.

I would appreciate help in understanding why the connection is being immediately closed and how to fix.

Flange_Gasket

Re: Instant Disconnect

Postby Flange_Gasket » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:28 am

Sounds like the USB\serial cable is faulty.
You could test it by plugging the USB\Serial cable directly into your laptop and see if it works, or try another one. Any USB\Serial adaptor using the FTDI chipset, and some others will work with Airconsole.

mmoninski

Postby mmoninski » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:20 am

I am using the USB/serial and RJ45/DB9 adapter that came with my Pro kit into my laptop with the same result. Disappointing that these components can fail so easily. I will order another and see how it goes. Thanks.

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi mmoninski / Flange Gasket

Instant disconnect means the Airconsole hasn't detected the USB-Serial cable.

This can happen because the USB/Serial cable has been reprogrammed by a recent Windows 8.1 FTDI chip update to have a different VID/PID. This Windows update has been pulled by Microsoft but for a short period it has caused certain cables to be effectively bricked.

Our cables only use genuine FTDI components, but a small number made in late 2013 have still been affected.

We have a new firmware release that fixes this issue - version 2.55 - it will be released today on the Airconsole page - http://www.get-console.com/airconsole

If you have symptoms of immediate disconnects in Airconsole connections where it previously worked fine, and have recently connected the cable to a Windows PC, chances are you are hitting this issue.

Please update the firmware on your Airconsole to 2.55 and the cable will work again.

Thanks
Simon Hope

Return to “FAQ”