Transfer files XModem/YModem

Read the Updated Get Console FAQ Here, and post additional Questions that we should be answering

Moderator: sergey

ozamorano

Transfer files XModem/YModem

Postby ozamorano » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 pm

I would like to know how to transfer files over Xmodem/YModem. I set my router on xmodem mode to get or put config file buy cannot retrieve or send any file. (connected through serial port). I can do it without any problem using hyperterminal (windows) but cannot with get-console iphone app. Please help.

simon
Site Admin

Re: Transfer files XModem/YModem

Postby simon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:11 pm

To send file via Xmodem you select the file from your local file repository in Get Console app - ie files that have been downloaded from dropbox or our remote website into Get Console Local file storage. Once they are in there you can tap them and one of the options for the file will be "Send via Serial Cable". This will invoke the xmodem upload feature using the xmodem protocol as selected in the main Get Console settings.

For uploading to cisco routers, from our testing the best protocol is "Xmodem-1K"

Hope that helps.
Simon Hope

ozamorano

Postby ozamorano » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Is it possible to download a file from a router to store it on my iphone/dropbox?

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:40 am

At present the X/Y Modem is from iPhone/iPad to send to the Serial device, but not the other way around. You can however use the built in TFTP server to copy files from devices in both directions, assuming your serial device also has an IP network.

Return to “FAQ”