Windows 7 and Tera Term

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

yozz3r

Windows 7 and Tera Term

Postby yozz3r » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:41 am

Hi all,

I have been looking at Air Console for a while now and now have a 2.0 Pro. :D I will be mainly using this with a Win 7 Laptop over WiFi, but have the option to use Blue Tooth as well on my desktop (which is really useful in the office). Whilst I have no trouble connecting the WiFi variant as it works at Layer 3 and is easy to setup, I am having an issue with BT.

I try and pair the AC with my D-Link BT dongle and am asked to enter the code that Windows has generated, but there is no where to do this on the AC settings. Trying different settings on the Windows BT UI, I have managed to set another COM port to initiate outbound connections to the AC but still asks to pair to the device.

Do you guys have any suggestions for using BT only??

Regards

Y.

yozz3r

Re: Windows 7 and Tera Term

Postby yozz3r » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:43 am

So just to post here what has transpired of my own investigations, the D-Link (DBT-122) BT dongle I used is not BT 4.0 like the AC (Realtek CSR8510 A10). So I have ordered a CSR8510 A10 to see if this will cure the issue.

Watch this space.

Y.

yozz3r

Postby yozz3r » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:30 pm

Ok, so I have now purchased a new Bluetooth CSR V4.0 (Cambridge Silicon Radio) dongle which supports Serial Port Profile.

Installing this creates some additional COM ports on my machine and the AirConsole is automatically detected.

When trying to connect without com0com Tera Term will not open the port and the AirconsoleConnect.exe fails to open the port (which is expected).

When trying to connect with com0con on the recommended COM ports of 20 & 21, the Airconnect.exe opens the ports, but does not establish a connection:-

CMD Output:-
============
COM21 Open("\\.\COM21", baud=9600, data=8, parity=no, stop=1, octs=off, odsr=of
f, ox=off, ix=off, idsr=off, ito=0) - OK
Route data COM21(0) --> TCP(1)
Route data TCP(1) --> COM21(0)
Route flow control COM21(0) --> TCP(1)
Route flow control TCP(1) --> COM21(0)
Filters:
_________
\->{parse.IN}----------------->
COM21(0) | /
_________/<-----{pinmap.OUT}<-{lc.OUT}<-

_______
\->{telnet.IN}------------------------------>
TCP(1) | /
_______/<-----{telnet.OUT}<-{pinmap.OUT}<-{lc.OUT}<-

Socket(0.0.0.0:0) = 140
TCP(1): Connect(140, 192.168.10.1:3696) ...
Started COM21(0)
Started TCP(1)
============

So as far as I can gather the Airconnect application is only looking for a connection on the IP address 192.168.10.1 port 3696.

I have followed the official instructions on how to do this, but it only caters for WiFi and Bluetooth on a Droid, or Apple device.

What about BlueTooth on the PC?

Seriously now, I think this is a good product and it helps me in my job, but you guys need to do some polishing on your product delivery because that's what is stopping it from being very successful.

People want an out-of-the-box solution, not one they have to start installing 3 bits of software for AND they want to use their fave Terminal App in less than 10 minutes.

So, in finality can you please provide a step by step guide of how to connect Airconsole to a PC using Windows 7 , 8 and Tera Term over bluetooth??

:oops: :cry: :evil:

daniel

Postby daniel » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:14 pm

The Airconsole Bluetooth adapter supports SeialPortProfile with Bluetooth 2.1 EDR and simple pairing.

This means that making it work with Windows 7+ is easy - there is no need to AirconsoleConnect, etc (this is for WiFi only). Pair in Windows as with any other Bluetooth dongle and then connect to created virtual COM port with your terminal program.

Support documents are available at http://support.get-console.com/ , step-by-step instructions for Bluetooth here http://support.get-console.com/support/ ... ting-guide

Return to “Airconsole”