Feature Request: AP Client: Saved/preferred networks

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

fm500

Feature Request: AP Client: Saved/preferred networks

Postby fm500 » Sat May 10, 2014 11:45 am

Feature Request:

The ability to save a list of multiple wireless networks for the AP client feature and connect when in range.

So basically, I ship this device to clueless field staff. I wait for some magic sauce in the middle, it shows up on private server, and I do my thing. I then have them ship it back. Getting them to login with a laptop and configure it to connect to a new wireless network is hopeless.

Generally I will ship it with one of those hotspot devices duct-taped to the back of it. (Please invent one with a GSM card slot and/or one that will take a USB stick GSM modem???) Ok... for now I have to do what I have to do.

However, I want to program multiple SSIDs in there. One that is the general corporate office SSID. One that is that of my mifi hotspot. And a third, they can set their iphone name and password to and enable tethering.

Ideally, the device would scan for this list of networks programmed into it and connect to the highest priority network it sees.

This is basically, how android or Windows stores ap client network data and connects when within range.

semaja2

Re: Feature Request: AP Client: Saved/preferred networks

Postby semaja2 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:22 am

This sounds like a very useful feature, at the moment the AP Client feature is useless to me because it requires so much configuration for field tech usage (sending these out to field techs)

I would like to vote this feature be implemented :)

Return to “Airconsole”