Change SSID on Airconsole?

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

jockeW

Change SSID on Airconsole?

Postby jockeW » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Hello,

I have an issue with my AirConsole.

I tried to change the SSID on the wireless tab to another name than AirConsole-CD (which it was from factory).
When i did this the AirConsole was not reachable via wireless anymore, the SSID was not visible and i could not connect to it.
I disabled and reenabled the SSID (via RJ45 cable) with no luck.
I had to do a factory reset of the AirConsole to get back a working SSID, AirConsole-XX.
Now i can't rename the SSID to what it was from factory, AirConsole-CD. If i do i get the same issue as when i tried to change the SSID to something else.

I have tried to reinstall the latest firmware, 1.04, with no luck.

Hopefully someone can explain why this is happening.

Regards
Jocke W

simon
Site Admin

Re: Change SSID on Airconsole?

Postby simon » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Did you install the v1.04 firmware successfully? If so I am confident the SSID change will work fine. You will know your Airconsole is on version 1.04 as it will say so and also say "build 270" on the home page.

Did you change the authentication method at the same time as changing the SSID? This can cause issues with cached passwords against the old SSID, as the underlying mac doesn't change.

The most reliable method to change the SSID - After you change the SSID in Wireless settings, you need to apply the settings, wait and then (generally) reboot the air console by turning it off then on again. Wait until the blue light is blinking again for about 10 seconds and then scan for new WIFI networks. Please let me know if that works.

jockeW

Re: Change SSID on Airconsole?

Postby jockeW » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:40 pm

simon wrote:Did you install the v1.04 firmware successfully? If so I am confident the SSID change will work fine. You will know your Airconsole is on version 1.04 as it will say so and also say "build 270" on the home page.

Did you change the authentication method at the same time as changing the SSID? This can cause issues with cached passwords against the old SSID, as the underlying mac doesn't change.

The most reliable method to change the SSID - After you change the SSID in Wireless settings, you need to apply the settings, wait and then (generally) reboot the air console by turning it off then on again. Wait until the blue light is blinking again for about 10 seconds and then scan for new WIFI networks. Please let me know if that works.

Thanks Simon for the suggestion.

It worked perfect :D

Regards
Jocke W

Return to “Airconsole”