AirConsole screen sharing problems.

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

ghuey@slfiber.com

AirConsole screen sharing problems.

Postby ghuey@slfiber.com » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:26 am

I also submitted this question through the Contact Us link so please disregard that one if you see this first.

We have purchased several AirConsole that we hoped to use with our existing Private Server. While the FAQ mentions that sharing is possible on devices that have both 3G/4G and wifi internet we cannot ever get the getconsole app to connect to our public ip or any internet server. My understanding is that once an iPhone connects to a WIFI device that all internet traffic is then routed through that WIFI connection. How is it possible for the getconsole app to connect to the private server over the 3G/4G connection when the phone is already connected to the AirConsole wifi? Thanks.

simon
Site Admin

Re: AirConsole screen sharing problems.

Postby simon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi Ghuey,

See the full user manual at http://www.get-console.com/airconsole/files/Airconsole-User-Manual-Full-v1.02.pdf which has section on how to enable / disable Airconsole sending a default route when it is in its (default) DHCP server mode. To use 3G/4G radio while connected to Airconsole via WIFI, the 3G default gateway needs to be on iPhone/iPad's routing table. Then sharing to Private Server will work over 3G. Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks
Simon Hope

ghuey@slfiber.com

Postby ghuey@slfiber.com » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am

Simon, this 100% resolved my problem. I did see that in the manual, but in my ignorance of cell phone routing did not know that it applied in my case.

Thank you again for your help.

naveed01

Postby naveed01 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:29 pm

I think you are in the same boat as me. If you try using Get Console on your iphone or Ipad and use CTS/RTS flow control, you may see a result. I have been unable to get round the problem with a PC connection though. I have made up my own converter lead and tried strapping the CTS to the RTS which should bypass the need for the flow control but that didn't work, I have also tried browsing into the air console and setting CTS/RTS flow control but still no coms.

Return to “Airconsole”