Airconsole TS queries

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

kwok

Airconsole TS queries

Postby kwok » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:12 pm

I have some questions regarding the Airconsole TS.

A. Is the length of the RJ45 cable end 1.8m? For my use case, that's really long. Would be great if there's a actual picture showing the cable length in comparison to perhap a standard 42U rack.

B. Is the TS really a Mini in a special housing that can be joined to the 4 port serial cable?

C. Are both the TS and Mini immediately available for ordering and shipment?

I hope there'll be a version of the TS with just two ports and shorter cable on the RJ45 end, maybe 50cm max.

simon
Site Admin

Re: Airconsole TS queries

Postby simon » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi Kwok,

Re the Airconsole TS

A. Is the length of the RJ45 cable end 1.8m? For my use case, that's really long. Would be great if there's a actual picture showing the cable length in comparison to perhap a standard 42U rack. - Each serial cable is 1.8m long, they are thin cables however to reduce bulk. We decided to make the cables this long so Airconsole TS could reach practically everywhere within a single rack from the included cables. If they are not long enough in a minority of cases then

I'm not sure if you were doing networking in the days of the cisco 2800 routers with the CAB-OCTAL-ASYNC cable - thats the inspiration for our TS product - lightweight cables built in for connecting to everything in the rack - but yes they are all 1.8m long.

B. Is the TS really a Mini in a special housing that can be joined to the 4 port serial cable?

Yes TS is a Mini in a slide on cradle to make it integrate with the cable kits nicely. At initial release the firmware for Mini, TS, Pro and XL is all the same however we are running out of flash space so in the future the firmware will be different for different use cases. The TS ships with a power adaptor and longer USB power cable so it can be powered from a PDU in a rack that may also be meters away from where the TS is mounted. The Mini just comes with a short 50cm USB power cable and no power adaptor.

C. Are both the TS and Mini immediately available for ordering and shipment?

The Mini is available right now. The TS is waiting on certification of its power supply which we need before we can release. We expect to ship around 12 August.

Thanks for your interest - we think with native integration with Airconsole Enterprise Server, Bluetooth and WIFI and cabling built in its a much better offering that other terminal servers out there at the moment.

Return to “Airconsole”