Driver for 4 Port USB to Serial Cable Kit

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

chris

Driver for 4 Port USB to Serial Cable Kit

Postby chris » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:15 am

I bought the airconsole 4 Port USB to Serial Cable Kit. It works fine when plugged into my airconsole.
However, when I plug it directly into my Windows 7 laptop using USB, Windows cannot find a driver for the quad rs232 devices. Can anyone help?

The Windows driver software installation window shows that the USB 2.0 hub and composite device is ready to use. However, the Quad RS232-HS devices all show "No driver Found", and that's after it checks windows update.

Is there a driver I can download?

daniel

Re: Driver for 4 Port USB to Serial Cable Kit

Postby daniel » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:53 am

Hello,

The chip inside the four port cables is an FTDI4232H. The drivers should be located on Windows update - see screenshots of a successful installation.

driver-1.jpg
driver-1.jpg (49.97 KiB) Viewed 49676 times
driver-2.jpg
driver-2.jpg (44 KiB) Viewed 49676 times
driver-3.jpg
driver-3.jpg (53 KiB) Viewed 49676 times

If the drivers can't be located on Windows update you could try directly downloading from FTDI at http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

chris

Postby chris » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:46 am

Thanks for the link to the drivers Daniel. They worked a treat. Would you (or someone) mind putting the link to the drivers on the airconsole support site: http://support.get-console.com/support/home

I thought it was strange that the drivers didn't install automatically, because the single USB-console cable that came with my airconsole did. My laptop is a corporate one and is managed by SCCM, so it's possible that driver downloads are blocked in come way. I'll ask around.

Thanks again

daniel

Postby daniel » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:57 am

Thanks for the suggestion - we have added an article to the support site.

Return to “Airconsole”