Feedback on firmware 2.60

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

chris

Feedback on firmware 2.60

Postby chris » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:46 am

I've updated to firmware 2.60, all went well.

Here is my feedback.
1) The firmware upgrade needs the airconsole to be physically rebooted, not rebooted using the reboot button. Instead of the reboot button appearing, could a message appear instead saying that you need to turn it off and on with the physical switch?
2) I like the new Web Terminal tab. In Firefox 35.0.1 the terminal window overlaps the grey side bar on the left. So a cosmetic tweak is needed to confine it to the white area under the send break button.
3) Web Terminal. How do I paste into the terminal window in Windows? Control+V enters a ^V and there's no paste option in the right click menu.

steffan_levet

Re: Feedback on firmware 2.60

Postby steffan_levet » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:36 am

Thanks for the feedback Chris,

Regarding the Firefox bug, I am unable to replicate currently (Mac OS X with Firefox 35.0.1). Could you screen shot your page and mail it to me (steffan@get-console.com)

The web terminal does have some (limited) use of copy and paste. Firefox seems to have problems with this... Chrome supports right click > paste... and Safari supports cmd+v. I can't speak to the support of these on the Windows platform however.

Hope this clears things up,
Steffan

Flange_Gasket

Postby Flange_Gasket » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:11 pm

I just upgraded to 2.60 and had a look at the multi port feature. I've removed the Bluetooth module and plugged a second serial cable into that port. It detects 2 serial ports, but there is only one set of TCP ports listed. How do I telnet to the second serial port?

Regards,
Mark.

Flange_Gasket

Postby Flange_Gasket » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:17 pm

Don't worry, I just port scanned it and found the second serial port is one number higher.

Flange_Gasket

Postby Flange_Gasket » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:24 pm

Ok next question. How do I set the Baud rate for the second serial port with the web interface?

chris

Postby chris » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:43 am

steffan_levet wrote:Regarding the Firefox bug, I am unable to replicate currently (Mac OS X with Firefox 35.0.1). Could you screen shot your page and mail it to me (steffan@get-console.com)

The web terminal does have some (limited) use of copy and paste. Firefox seems to have problems with this... Chrome supports right click > paste... and Safari supports cmd+v. I can't speak to the support of these on the Windows platform however.
Steffan

I'm using Windows 7. Screen shot is in the mail.

Pasting into Web Terminal.
I've tried IE, Firefox and Chrome on Windows 7. None of them work with ctrl+v or have paste in the right click menu. However, in Chrome, I can click on the menubar menu icon then paste, which works. So I can use Chrome as my work around for pasting

Thanks again for continuing to add new features to airconsole.

chris

Postby chris » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:10 am

Flange_Gasket wrote:I just upgraded to 2.60 and had a look at the multi port feature. I've removed the Bluetooth module and plugged a second serial cable into that port. It detects 2 serial ports, but there is only one set of TCP ports listed. How do I telnet to the second serial port?

I don't have the bluetooth dongle, so I tried this with a generic USB hub and two USB-serial adapters. It worked and I could use the web terminal to switch between the two. So I now have a multiple serial-port airconsole.

Flange_Gasket

Postby Flange_Gasket » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:56 am

In the release notes for 2.60 it says you can disable the LED, does anyone know how to do this? I can't find the option.

daniel

Postby daniel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Flange_Gasket wrote:In the release notes for 2.60 it says you can disable the LED, does anyone know how to do this? I can't find the option.

The option is not exposed in the user interface. If you telnet into the box the setting is stored in nvram
nvram set led_off=1
nvram commit
The setting takes effect on reboot.

kwok

Postby kwok » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:01 pm

The twitter pics of the 4-port serial cable looks pretty big. Is it technically possible to make a 2-port version that is smaller? Part of my frequent use case is to connect two airconsoles to a pair of 1U rack mounted switches. The current 4-port serial cable is simply too big for me since I need the portability.

Return to “Airconsole”