Airconsole - Bluetooth is off

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

quikpt

Airconsole - Bluetooth is off

Postby quikpt » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi,

I bought the new bluetooth dongle for my console. I upgraded airconsole firmware to 2.5 and AirConsoleOSX to 1.4.0.
When I start AirConsoleOSX, it immediately says "Bluetooth is off".
Im not trying to pair it using OS and bluetooh is enabled.
Im using OSX 10.9.3 (Mavericks) Build 13D65.

Can anyone give me an hint?

Cheers,
Nuno

daniel

Re: Airconsole - Bluetooth is off

Postby daniel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:27 am

This message is displayed when Bluetooth is off on your on Mac.

Open AirconsoleOSX and try toggling the Bluetooth state on your Mac - you should see the state reflected in the app.

thomascannon2

Postby thomascannon2 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:04 pm

I also have this problem. The problem is not that bluetooth is turned off. However, toggling bluetooth does get AirconsoleOSX to repeat the "bluetooth is off" message repeatedly just by toggling bluetooth on and off -- it prints the same message whether you're turning bluetooth on OR off.

This is with the latest firmware on the Airconsole (2.6), the latest OSX drivers (1.4.0) and OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 (started with 10.10.2) on an older MacBook Air. All the latest as of today, 5/4/2015.

Everything works just fine with another OSX laptop using the came Airconsole and same drivers on a newer Macbook 15" running OSX 10.3.3. The only thing different is the hardware, and that indeed is the problem. With the Macbook Air I can work around the problem quite simply -- I have another little USB BT dongle from another Airconsole and when I plug that bluetooth adapter into to my laptop, bluetooth works exactly as expected. Removing it causes all to stop working again. I tried with another random BT dongle and that works just fine too.

Now, bluetooth works just fine on this laptop without the external dongle, but the AirconsoleOSX driver doesn't seem happy with the older built-in bluetooth hardware. Again, this laptop is from 2010 or so. I updated to Yosemite before trying any of this, so I have no idea if that broke anything but since there are so few complaints and that's a new upgrade, it seems like an important variable.

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 pm

I believe the Macbook Air from 2010 doesn't support Bluetooth Low Energy (aka BT4 - aka BLE) - only Bluetooth 2.1. AirconsoleOSX needs Bluetooth Low Energy.

The little dongle we supply is a Bluetooth Low Energy dongle so that is why it will work when plugged into your mac but not without.
Thanks
Simon Hope

Return to “Airconsole”