Get Console has been extensively tested internally with the serial console ports of most main stream network equipment vendors. While this below list provides equipment we have tested, the settings required maybe different. For example, the Cisco 3500XL switches require hardware flow control enabled in the Get Console app settings to work
In addition to the below list, other users have independently emailed us to advise that Get Console, Redpark C2-RJ45 and the RJ45-to-DB9 adaptor work with other equipment. This equipment is listed in the Known-to-Work list also in this forum.
We officially support use of the Get Console app, the Redpark C2-RJ45 cable and our RJ45-to-DB9 adaptor http://www.get-console.com/shop/product.php?id_product=41
with the following equipment. If you are having problems connecting to one of the below equipment then contact us via this forum or at email@example.com
- All Cisco equipment with RJ45 Serial Console port except for:
low end Cisco 300 Series Switches and Linksys brand switches.
- All Juniper equipment with Rj45 Serial Console port, and Juniper equipment with DB9 Serial console port when used with the RJ45-to-DB9 dongle as available in our shop http://www.get-console.com/shop/product.php?id_product=41
- All Alcatel Lucent equipment with RJ45 Serial Console port, or DB9 with above adaptor
- All Brocade equipment with DB9 Serial port when used with C2-RJ45 and above adaptor
- All Fortinet equipment with DB9 Serial port when used with C2-RJ45 and above adaptor
- All Infoblox equipment with DB9 Serial port when used with C2-RJ45 and above adaptor
- All A series and E series HP Switches with RJ45 or DB9 serial console ports (requires null modem adaptor for HP Procurve series)
- All H3C switches with RJ45 or DB9 serial console ports
- All Packeteer / Bluecoat equipment with DB9 serial console ports - require Null Modem adaptor with C2-RJ45 to work.