Fixed scrolling window

Post Requests for new features and product roadmap here

Moderator: sergey

doenau

Fixed scrolling window

Postby doenau » Thu May 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Would it be possible to add an option for the output window to be more like a traditional text box? with horizontal and vertical scroll bars?

Would it also be possible to extend the output window to fill the screen when the keyboard is hidden?
Edit--> I've since noticed that it does normally change to full screen output, however sometimes the keyboard area is still black and I can see the feint scroll bar indicators for the text window

Thanks

simon
Site Admin

Re: Fixed scrolling window

Postby simon » Sat May 19, 2012 11:53 am

Hi doenau

Normally the terminal window and scroll back will have scrollbars (both up/down and left/right) when you use finger to push around the screen - its the built in ones in apple UI - they are only visible when you start moving around otherwise they are not there.

re screen underneath software keyboard not usable - that sounds like a bug. if the keyboard is minimized with the top keyboard up/down button then the terminal view and scroll back will move down to bottom. if thats not happening could you let us know what we could do to replicate it as we haven't been able to as yet.

Thanks
Simon Hope

doenau

Postby doenau » Sat May 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the response. As per usual, I haven't had an issue since my original post but will let you know if it happens in future.

semaja2

Postby semaja2 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:18 pm

I am seeing the same bug in the Get Console app, when I try to use it there is about 3+ lines below the keyboard so I am unable to see what I am typing unless I move the text up to check.

Running: iPhone 5 (iOS7.1.1)

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:49 pm

If you come across problem with the active terminal prompt being below the keyboard, and scrolling down the terminal view doesn't help - i.e. it bounces back so the active line is still below the keyboard then try to rotate your iPad to landscape, hit enter and rotate back to portrait mode. this action will cause Get Console to recalibrate where it thinks the bottom of the terminal should be drawn.

We have a new version of Get Console - 2.0 - coming out in July. It improves the UI a lot, including the keyboard and extension bar.

Thanks
Simon

Return to “Feature Requests”