Wireshark Remote Packet Capture test

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

chris

Wireshark Remote Packet Capture test

Postby chris » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:45 am

I just upgraded to firmware 2.55 and had a play with the remote packet capture beta. I've not tested it properly, but I am getting capture data in wireshark. So I thought I'd start a thread about it to get other peoples findings.

If anyone wants to have a go, here's what I did to get it working:
1) Connected the Ethernet port on my air-console to a switch port
2) Connected my laptop to the air-console wireless.
3) Enabled remote packet capture on port 2002 in the air-console settings
4) On my laptop, in wireshark interfaces - Options - Manage Interfaces - Remote Interfaces. I added the air-console IP and port and it brought up a list of interfaces. Apply - Close etc.
5) I started a normal wireshark capture on my new interface rpcap://[IP]:2002/eth2
Last edited by chris on Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flange_Gasket

Re: Wireshark Remote Packet Capture test

Postby Flange_Gasket » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:14 am

Yeah, I had that working also, it seems to work fine. It's a feature that might come in handy one day. The release notes for 2.55 say it supports a four port USB RS323 adapter, but I would expect to see four different settings for Baud Rate and four different TCP ports to connect to. Does anyone know how this works?

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:25 am

Hi All
The support for 4-8-12-16 etc serial cables hanging off a single Airconsole is what we are working on at the moment. The release notes probably shouldn't mention that (it was more me being lazy copy/pasting in from our dev system). When fully released you will have individual control over each serial port via Airconsole web and also Get Console app. Each serial port is on a different tcp port. 2.60 is coming in next couple of weeks.
Thanks
Simon

Flange_Gasket

Postby Flange_Gasket » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi Simon,

Thanks for that. Will the M2M mode support be able to support multiple connections?

Regards,
Mark.

kwok

Postby kwok » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:14 am

simon wrote:Hi All
The support for 4-8-12-16 etc serial cables hanging off a single Airconsole is what we are working on at the moment. The release notes probably shouldn't mention that (it was more me being lazy copy/pasting in from our dev system). When fully released you will have individual control over each serial port via Airconsole web and also Get Console app. Each serial port is on a different tcp port. 2.60 is coming in next couple of weeks.
Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,

Hope the new 4 port serial cable comes sooner than later. I haven't spent anything on work related gadgets for the past 6 months so the itch is killing me. Hope this toy will be ready for shipment by Christmas.

Return to “Airconsole”