Airconsole doesn't send data

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

Stefan

Airconsole doesn't send data

Postby Stefan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:31 am

Hello,
I'm trying to get and send Programs from my CNC-Turning-Machine to my Laptop, which has a RS232-COM-Port, but I want to communicate over W-LAN.
With COM0COM I've created a virtual COM-Port (COM4) my real COM-Port is COM1.
Transmission with COM-Port 1 is no problem, but I can't send any data with COM4 and the Air Console, though receiving data is no problem.
So I connected the Air Console with my COM1-Port and tested the signals with RS232-Analyzer from CommFront:
One running Analyzer with COM1 and one with COM4.
If I'm activating DTR and/or RTS at COM4 and DSR/CTS at COM1 appear, the other way (activating DTR/RTS at COM1) gives no reaction at COM4.
But RX and TX are working fine in both directions.
Is there anything broken inside the USB-Adapter (blue cable)?
With friendly regards
Stefan

Here is the Screenshots from my Analyzer-Test:
and the one from the connection window while the test:

daniel

Re: Airconsole doesn't send data

Postby daniel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:35 am

com0com is normally configured as a null modem, but the pinout is configurable in software (specified as command line options). From the looks of things you are running this manually? If so you may want to check your have things wired as expected.

Maybe you could try running the bundled version of com0com with AirconsoleConnect.exe (listed as Windows drivers at www.get-console.com/airconsole). Alternatively you could try using the HW-Group VSP driver.

Stefan

Postby Stefan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:25 am

After further investigations I found out, that the two signals CTS and DSR didn't appear, even if I connect the DTR or the RTS direct to CTS/DSR at the Pins of the FTDI-Chip.
My question is now, do you transmit the two signals correctly over WLAN, so that com0com could work with them?
If the signals are correctly transfered over WLAN, my cable must be broken, but it's brand new and only used one time.
Further, have you any analyse-Tools implemented in your IPhone-App, to find out which Signals are active at the moment? Like an "LED" for RX, TX, CTS, RTS, DSR...

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:10 pm

If you press and hold the (=) button top right on Get Console it will report the serial connections signals on a per-pin basis. That feature is not in our windows driver at the moment.

Return to “Airconsole”