XL unit wont charge

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

diondb

XL unit wont charge

Postby diondb » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:20 am

Just unpacked and started to use my XL unit yesterday. I can’t seem to charge the battery up. I need to leave the USB charging cable in the unit for a min or two only then can I switch on the unit. It will the broadcast the SSID. However as soon as I bounce the server the unit switches off due to no power. I tried charging it overnight in the off position and this morning in the R position. It just won’t charge. Has anyone experienced this????? :?:

daniel

Re: XL unit wont charge

Postby daniel » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:34 am

Please contact support@get-console.com with your order number

Devinev

Postby Devinev » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:54 am

I've been trying to contact support for several days and sales but nobody is contacting me back.

I have a defective device and I am about to start going to public sites to talk some sh*t about it.. any suggestions before I go that route?

Flange_Gasket

Postby Flange_Gasket » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 am

I have been recommending Airconsole to people as I think it's a great product. It still is a great product, but I won't recommend it anymore as I've now heard too many stories about no response from Tech Support...

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi All
First of all sorry for the recent problems we have been having with the support mail box. Due to an overly aggressive spam filter it has basically either been not receiving all the mail or our replies have been dropped by the outgoing amazon SES filter. Unfortunately this has meant slow or non existent responses to customer support queries. We have hopefully fixed this now, and also will be shortly implementing a better trouble ticket system that can more accurately track support requests.

Airconsole XL not charging or not operating when it is not connected to external power is an indication of a faulty hardware unit. During shipping some units with our last batch of XL units we have seen the failure rate around 3% of the battery connection to the motherboard. This is unacceptably high for us - if you have an XL unit that will not operate unless it is connected to external USB power please return it to us at:

Get Console
Level 3, 32 Market Place
Viaduct
Auckland 1010
New Zealand

or

Get Console
11 Oxford Street
Southampton
SO14 3DJ
United Kingdom

Please include your return address and if known your original order number.

We will immediately send you a new tested XL unit at no charge.

Thank you, and apologies again for support delays.
Simon Hope

Fred FLAMBARD

Postby Fred FLAMBARD » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:46 am

Bonjour je confirme la même problématique sur une commande de 6 AirConsoles XL , 4 fraîchement déballées ont aussi un problème de charge de batterie.
les 4 AirConsoles suspectées HS ne présentent aucun dysfonctionnement quand elles sont branchés sur le Cable USB , mais bel et bien inopérante y face a la charge de la batterie quelque soit la position de l'interrupteur sur "off" ou sur "C".

Mon action face a ce problème a été d'envoyer le 23/10/2014 un mail au support "support@get-console.com" en expliquant le symptôme.
J'ai aussi copier cette eMail dans la partie "message" fasse à ma commande / Order sur le site Web.
J'ai reçu de la part du support une réponse sous 5 jours m'indiquant l'envoye de quatre nouveaux boîtiers
AirConsole XL.
Les 4 nouveaux produits ont été correctement livrer par la logistique RoyalMail en RMA le 02/11/2014 donc maintenance produit solutionné.
C'est très correcte.

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:32 am

Hi Fred,
Glad the new XLs are working for you
THanks
Simon

Return to “Airconsole”