Reset to Factory Defaults

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

chris

Reset to Factory Defaults

Postby chris » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:26 am

I somehow locked myself out of my air-console today and needed to reset it to factory defaults. I followed the instructions in the user guide:

With the unit powered off, insert a paperclip to press the reset button, and while keeping it pressed power the unit on and wait for 10 seconds. After around 30 seconds, the air console should have returned to its default ...

However, I only got a solid blue LED. After power cycling, I could see that it had not reset.

I did manage to reset it by first powering on the airconsole, and when the red LED came on, I pressed and held the reset button for 10 seconds. Does the user guide need updating or is it just my air-console?

Herman

Re: Reset to Factory Defaults

Postby Herman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:48 am

Hi Chris,

I experienced the same problem. In the guide/manual there are two ways described to reset to factory defaults. You managed the factory reset in the Technical Information section, that doesn't work.

There is a seperate section "Resetting to Factory defaults". That will do the job.

Hoped it helped

Herman

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:27 am

We have published a new guide for 2.1 on the that details there are unfortunately 2 different ways to factory reset Airconsole depending on whether it runs 1.xx or 2.xx firmware.

I know 2.1 firmware isn't released yet, but the manual is while we finish testing 2.1 :)

chris

Postby chris » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:07 am

I see that the 2.1 firmware and user guide has been released. Thanks for updating the process.

Return to “Airconsole”