Bluetooth dongle and USB hub

Questions, FAQ, Feature Requests and Troubleshooting for Airconsole

Moderator: sergey

chris

Bluetooth dongle and USB hub

Postby chris » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:18 am

I see you are selling Airconsole 1 to 2 Upgrade Kits. In the description it reads like it's a usb hub with the serial cable and a bluetooth dongle attached.
Can I test out the functionality using a USB hub and a Bluetooth dongle I already have?
Would using a hub allow me to use a USB to USB cable to console into a cisco device over bluetooth?

I have an AirConsole A-01. I've upgraded to firmware 2.5.

Thanks

chris

Re: Bluetooth dongle and USB hub

Postby chris » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:48 am

I had a go last night and it didn't work.
[edit:] IT must have been the wrong type of bluetooth adapter. I've got it working with a different one. See below.[/edit]
Last edited by chris on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

daniel

Postby daniel » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:01 am

Internally this is how the cable works - it has a USB hub inside to which a Bluetooth dongle is attached.

The software on the Airconsole is designed to work specifically with the dongle we ship - a dual-mode Bluetooth dongle. It will potentially work with other Bluetooth dual-mode dongles, but we don't specifically support this. From the sounds of things, it may not support the particular dongle you are using.

The other piece of getting it to work is using a compatible client - for iOS you will need Get-Console 2.01 or later, and for Android, serialbot 1.7.4 or later

chris

Postby chris » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:06 am

Good news, I have had success with another bluetooth dongle.

I got a dual-mode Bluetooth 4 dongle with a CSR8510 chip off eBay. Plugged that into a USB hub along with my usb console cable. Then plugged the whole lot into the airconsole. Now I can use bluetooth on my iPad instead of wifi.

Return to “Airconsole”